Must Do Dining Tips!
1. Character Experience. These days the lines to meet characters are FAST PASS necessary, which for me is a no-go. The dining character experiences usually cost a bit more for not as good food, but it's more than worth it to see a handful of princesses or characters all at once with no lines!
2. Dinner with a View. It requires eating a bit later in the day, but dining where you can see the fireworks in Epcot or Magic Kingdom is a great alternative to standing in a very crowded area for an extended time.
3. Dining Experiences. There are some restaurants that offer VIP seating vouchers along with your meal. It does require you ordering off a prix fix menu but it saves you a FAST PASS. When making dining reservations look for experience options.
4. Disney Hotel Dining. Don't discount the hotels! Many of them have character experiences and even shows, which can seem like you're visiting a park without the ticket! This is a great option for first day or last day, if you don't want to go into the parks but still want a fun experience. Some of our thoughts on hotel dining coming soon!
5. Pre-Order. At a ton of the quick serve restaurants you can pre-order on your My Disney Experience App. Skip the lines! This is especially important at the busy restaurants like Be Our Guest, which is quick serve for breakfast.
6. Make Reservations!! Disney restaurants are some of the hardest dining reservations in the world to get but making them is well worth it. The restaurants get packed and having reservations will make a world of difference. They start taking them 180 days ahead of time but don't worry if you haven't planned 6 months ahead of time- cancellations come in steadily, so keep checking back for the ones you want!