Must Do Dining Tips!
1. Character Experience. These days the lines to meet characters are FAST PASS necessary, which for me is a no-go. The dining character experiences usually cost a bit more for not as good food, but it's more than worth it to see a handful of princesses or characters all at once with no lines! Some go to’s: Cinderella’s Royal Table, Chef Mickey’s, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Tusker House. *Stay tuned for character meal reviews.
2. Dinner with a View. It requires eating a bit later in the day, but dining where you can see the fireworks in Epcot or Magic Kingdom is a great alternative to standing in a very crowded area for an extended period of time! Some go to’s: California Grill, Rose and Crown, and La Hacienda de San Angel.
3. Dining Experiences. There are some restaurants that offer VIP seating vouchers along with your meal. It does require you ordering off a prix fix menu but it saves you a FAST PASS. When making dining reservations look for experience options online. They won’t show up on your app so you have to call or go on the website.
4. Disney Hotel Dining. Don't discount the hotels! Many of them have character experiences and even shows, which can seem like you're visiting a park without the ticket! This is a great option for first day or last day, if you don't want to go into the parks but still want a fun experience. Good choices are: ‘Ohana, Cape May Cafe, and Chef Mickey’s.
5. Pre-Order. At a ton of the quick serve restaurants you can pre-order on your My Disney Experience App. Skip the lines! This is especially important at busy restaurants like Be Our Guest, which is quick serve for breakfast and lunch.
6. Make Reservations!! Disney restaurants are some of the hardest dining reservations in the world to get but making them is well worth it. The restaurants get packed and having reservations will make a world of difference. They start taking them 180 days ahead of time but don't worry if you haven't planned 6 months ahead of time- cancellations come in steadily, so keep checking back for the ones you want! For more on dining reservations check out THE BASICS: Dining Reservations.